What can I expect during the claims process?
- First, we will need to receive notice that the insured has passed away. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to notify us of your loss. Please provide the insured's full name, date of birth, and the policy number, if you have it.
- Beneficiaries will be asked to complete claim forms and provide any additional required documents as needed.
- Once we have received the completed claim forms and any additional required documents from the beneficiaries, we will submit them to our insurance carrier and keep you informed of progress.
- The insurance carrier will process the claim and we or they may contact you to request additional information or documentation.
- If the insurance carrier determines that it is a valid claim, it will make payment to the beneficiaries.
A few tips for our customers
- Add beneficiaries to your policy. We've made it super easy. You can add or change a beneficiary through your account at any time.
- Download and send your "Just in Case" card to your beneficiaries. You've done a great thing getting insurance -- share the news! This card includes your policy number and some basic information on your policy.
- Relax. You're in good hands.