You have a referral program?
- Yes, we do. Right now, it’s limited to people who live in California, but we're working hard to expand it because we know that our referral program is a valuable way to grow the Ladder community. We could spend our money on splashy advertising campaigns, but we’d rather see the money in your hands. Everybody wins!
How does the referral program work?
- It’s simple. Send your unique referral link to your friends. When they get a Ladder offer, you get paid and so do your friends (if they live in California).
How much money do I get for a referral?
- You can earn $50 for each friend you refer. Referrals are paid when your friend receives an offer for coverage.
Do I have to have a LadderLife insurance policy to refer someone?
- No, you don’t. If you know people who would love Ladder, just create an account and start referring.
How many people can I refer?
- As many as you want. We will keep paying you up to the maximum of $1,000. People ages 20-60 years are eligible to apply.
How long will it take to get paid?
- We use PayPal to process our payments. Typically, it takes 1-3 weeks.
Do my friends get anything?
- Yes. Your friends who live in California will also get $10 when they apply. And, if approved, your friend also gets to take care of their loved ones with a great life insurance product.
How will I get paid?
- Go to the Get Paid page and enter your PayPal information.
Is this a scam?
- No. The referral program is our way of thanking you for spreading the word. Ladder wants everyone to have the life insurance coverage they want and need. We have paid $34,600 (and counting) to fund our referral program.
- Referral payments and friend payments are regulated on a state-by-state basis. Unfortunately, our referral program is only available in California right now, which means that we can only pay you for referrals if you live in California and we can only pay your friends if they live in California. (We’re working hard to bring our program to additional states soon.)
- You must use your personalized referral link to refer your friends. Using that link is the only way you will get paid. You must also have a PayPal account to get paid.
- You can refer a spouse and get paid for it.
- When referring a friend, you can tell your friend about Ladder and that we offer a great term life insurance product, but you should not get into the nitty gritty details of describing things like coverage amounts or rates. Leave it to us to help your friend figure this stuff out. You also cannot pay a friend to apply for coverage.
- You get paid when your friend qualifies for an offer, whether they choose to purchase a policy or not. (We do not pay for referrals when the friend does not qualify for an offer). If your friend lives in California, your friend also gets paid simply for completing an application. Your friend will need a PayPal account to get paid.
- Once a friend applies for coverage and gets an offer, they can’t be referred again by a different person. The first referral link the friend uses will be the one that counts.
- You should not publish or distribute your referral link on commercial websites or on blogs with the primary purpose of soliciting referral fees. You cannot “spam” anyone with referral invitations. This includes mass emailing, texting or messaging people you do not know or using automated systems or bots through any channel to distribute your referral link. You are prohibited from paying to advertise your referral link. You also cannot pay your friends to apply or share your referral fee with them.
We may make changes to, suspend or terminate this program or your ability to participate in the program at any time for any reason. We reserve the right to investigate all referral activities and to suspend accounts or not pay fees if we notice any activity that we believe is abusive, fraudulent, or in violation of our Terms.